Monday, December 16, 2013

More Social Strategy

In response to the assignment for week 14 it has indeed been quite the education on social media. Everything that was covered during the course was essentially brand new to me. We covered so much. From using an online discussion board and setting up our own blogs to add content to to setting up Facebook business pages with a variety of other integrated social media platforms and features. Learning about the different considerations and aspects of webpage layout and design was very useful and learning about the constant contact online newsletter also seemed like a great means of business promotion. I went from never having used any social media accept for looking at a few You Tube clips to developing my ficticious business through the Facebook, Google+, Twitter, You Tube and Constant Contact platforms. For my business, I still feel that the best end up being Facebook and You Tube since they are so prevelent, easy to work with, can be integrated with one another and make executing my day to day objectives simple enough to accomplish without demanding too much time continually overseeing. I have enjoyed using Twitter the most. I am suprised to say that but it was fun and interesting to see all of the different tweets and stuff that comes through that one. Facebook the least. I wasactually very hard for me. My computer had issues with their site multiple times and in multiple ways so I end up being hard pressed to call it user friendly. In fact navigating a lot of the features and options wasn't all that easy despite the technical problems I experienced. On a day to day usage pattern I would still choose to stick with Facebook as my primary platform though and maybe keep up a blogger site too. On a less frequent basis I would be updating and managing my You Tube account.

No comments:

Post a Comment