Monday, December 16, 2013

Businesses like mine and the Social Media platforms they use

A couple of businesses that are as close to what I am doing as I could find are,
healingthesource.com and chopra.com. I had looked at healingthesource.com one time before and had not noticed that they had been using any social media. But now they are taking advantage of the benifits of Facebook. When I took a look at their Facebook page it says that have been using Facebook for their business since 2012. I did not see that their page is overly elaborate in any way. Infact they only have 29 likes so they are right on the verge of being able to use the Facebook analytics tools. There Facebook business page is about as active and cluttered as mine which is comforting. There is no sign of any You Tube videos or any other social media being imbeded or linked to their Facebook page. They are perhaps the most similar to my business so it is reassuring that they are not taking a similar service to mine so far that I feel that the competition is overwhelming me. Then I checked out chopra.com. They are a bit similar to me since they also offer education and information that leads to corrective lifestyle measures by implementing the tools and knowledge of yoga and other healing tradditions but I am more about helping to create a lifestyle routine specifically for an individual through personal 1 on 1 meetups for training and educational sessions although I do also do some programs for larger groups from time to time. The Chopra center has a well developed social media campaign. They have social media links to Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and Pintrest. I looked at their Facebook site first. They have 99,146 likes and it is quite apparent that their page is being updated with new posts continuously. Their twitter page is really active as well. With 1,960 tweets, 4,796 following and 11,210 followers they are well established as a Twitter page and there is new tweets showing for atleast twice a day. Their You Tube page is full of videos featuring a variety of speakers on a variety of topics so it is clear that they have all kinds of content to feature on this site so it is clear they are making good use of the social media platform You Tube can be. Then I checked out their Pintrest page. Not surprisingly there is all kinds of posts. They have 21 different boards, 520 pins 30 likes, 1,810 followers and 977 following. Not too bad. So I think it is interesting to see what is going on in the area of health and wellness and modern wholistic medicine. I am interested to see that while one site that helps to solve and prevent lifestyle issues and promote a state of wellbeing only uses Facebook another far better known source for similar healing wisdom is really making use of the various social media platforms to further it's cause. It certainly seems to be effective in creating a following and aiding in brand awareness for the Chopra center but that is not as clearly the case for Healing the Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment