Monday, December 16, 2013

A Blast from the Past, Getting Visual (week 7)

In consideration of the availible platforms of social media that create a visual avenue to promote my business by there are several that maybe advantagous for me to consider implementing for my business as well as a few that don't make as much sense given the nature and the scope of my business. After comparing the top 4 visual platforms it seems to me that 2 are immediately appropriate and 2 are a little less helpful at least at this time. At the moment I favor integrating Pintrest and You Tube. The reason to use Pintrest is largely to support the promotion of my blog. It is very helpful to harness the power of pintrest because the need to spend a lot of time with Pintrest in terms of generating content is minimal and the potential to pin helpful visuals that appeal to your target audience is worth that time investment. I can easily create a strategy to Pin visuals that speak a 1,000 words about the lifestyle behind my company's brand which acts to create trust and report with my customers and potential customers when they can detect that my values are the same as they aspire to be fulfillked by. And seeing images that a customer finds nourishing will cause them to be more interested in subscribing to my blog posts. So I can see a lot of value in harnessing Pintrest. Also You Tube is extremely valuable. Because the nature of my business has so much to do with the education around a personal wellness based lifestyle, it is very useful to create several short informational videos that I can upload to You Tube that will illustrate the points and correct practices that have to do with fascilitating the techin of what my services provide. Also embeding You Tube clips into my Facebook business page and website are an excellent way of using You Tube to the fullest for my business needs. At this time I am much less attracted to the prospect of using Tumbler and Instagram. Since tumbler is essentially a micro blogging platform and may tend to work better for fashion, large websites and publishing or broadcast media its probably not gonna be quite right for how I want to put out a blog. Since how I have my business scoped to operate doesn't really have me releasing new content on a timely release schedule with new releases to promote exactly (like new clothing lines or book releases) I am not gonna count on having followers of a microblog expect tat kind of product promotional release currency strategy. I think it is not for me. And while Instagram may offer some possible clever promotional campaigns for me, it seems like the work and upkeep of managing such a campaign not only holds little interest to me, it would be a weight compared to the prospect of brand recognition and exposure being increased. For my purposes You Tube and Pintrest are likely the 2 best visual social media platforms to implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment